Sew Together in Wanderer

***I tried to think of a jazzy name for this post you guys, but I have to tell you, it’s hard to be informative AND flashy sometimes. Especially when you are trying to write a post title that perfectly expresses how excited you are about what you are making. Is there a class or a self help book for this? Blog Post Titles For Dummies? Maybe I should have titled it “Holy Hell I’m Totally Obsessed With Wander And Look I Made A Gorgeous Bag With It!” What do you think?***

Do you follow me on Instagram? You totally should–I’m definitely more active there, and you get super rad sneak peeks into what I’m working on, like this:

wander1

I mean, HOW GORGEOUS IS THIS FABRIC?! I am a huge fan of April Rhodes–her Arizona line continues to be an all time favorite, and her new line Wanderer has me totally swooning. The palettes are modern and sophisticated, and the southwestern inspired prints completely speak to this Arizona girl’s heart. April was generous enough to send me a few cuts from Wanderer, and because I’m in a total Sew Together Bag phase, it made total sense to stitch one up so now I can carry one of my very favorite lines with me EVERYWHERE.

IMG_7458

Like her first line Arizona, Wanderer is also produced by Art Gallery Fabrics which will forever and always have my vote for fabric with the best and softest hand. It’s like quilting cotton married silk, and it’s a dream to work with, plus the colors are so on point. I love that Wander has a mix of neutral tones with glorious pops of color–the three Sacred Seeds prints that I used for lining the pockets are deliciously rich, and I’m really happy that they are like a vibrant shock against the softer tones in the other fabrics I picked out.

IMG_7479

For the outside of the bag I knew I HAD to use a fussy cut from the Wandering Lands Mineral Print–it’s perfection. I actually have a second bag all cut out and half sewn together with this fabric, and I’m thinking the entire outside will be Wandering Land. I can’t get enough!

IMG_7472

If you guys are as crazy-in-love with this line as I am, make sure to follow April on instagram for an amazing giveaway–she’s offering up a half yard bundle of Wanderer!

IMG_7457

And that’s not all! There is a whole blog tour happening to herald the release of Wanderer, so make sure to check out all of these fine makers for some serisouly fabulous eye candy and inspiration–I know I will be!

Sunday Feb. 15 – Nicole Morgenthau – finchsewingstudio.com

Wednesday Feb. 25 – Delia – deliacreates.com

Thursday Feb. 26 – Kelly – cutcutsew.com

Friday Feb. 27 – Christopher Thompson – thetattooedquilter.com

Saturday Feb. 28 – Jen – www.littlewifepowerhouse.com

16 Responses to Sew Together in Wanderer

1. Veronica says:

I love your bag. It’s so beautiful! I’ve recently gotten hooked on making Sew Together bags. They’re so much fun to make. I love those blue heart-shape pins in your photo. I was wondering where you got them.

• Holly Gets Quilty says:

Thank you Veronica! The pins were a freeie included with one of the earlier editions of Love Patchwork and Quilting Magazine. I’m not sure if they are available for sale somewhere but you could check on ebay or ask on instagram–try using #thegreatfabricdestash and #thegreatfabricdestashiso hashtags!

2. Becca says:

Super cute! I love the matching zippers. 🙂

3. Pingback: not all who wander-er are lost | Lucky Lucille™

4. Rochelle New says:

This is brilliant!!!! I desperately need one of these for some of my knitting/craft supplies.

5. Diane B says:

Holly like you I’m addicted to April Rhodes “Arizona” Collection and now “Wanderer”
    Isn’t she fabulous and it’s so easy to swoon over it !!! I’ve been dying to buy the sew together bag pattern so your’s in Wanderer did it for me. Love the ” Sacred Seeds” prints for lining too. Your fussy cutting of the Wandering Lawns Mineral Print is Spot ON!!!

6. Kathleen Dalecio says:

I’ve seen other Sew Together bags on the internet and couldn’t see the use for all the zippered pockets… Your gorgeous bag put it all into perspective for me with the addition of the needle pad and the pincushion!

I’m with you about April Rhodes’ fabrics. They’re truly lovely! I would love to be able to win her half-yard bundle, but don’t have an Instagram account because I don’t have a smart phone!!! Is there any other method to participate in the drawing?

• http://www./ says:

Ya learn something new everyday. It’s true I guess!

• http://www./ says:

What makes sense for one person may not make sense for another based on your financial situation. If the stars are lined up properly, a Chapter 7 bankruptcy is sometimes the perfect solution to your financial woes. If you fit the profile for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, the main drawback is the negative impact on your credit score; but let’s be honest here. If you are this close to filing bankruptcy, your credit is probably not that great to begin with. Sometimes the only way to rebuild a house is to tear it down and start over, which is what a Chapter 7 bankruptcy will allow you to do.Source: jessewhitelaw.com

• Great – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Nice task.

• AFAIC that’s the best answer so far!

• bRO…datang lagi ke sini nih…ternyata udah jauh bener, asik banget blognya…dan… mulai cari rank nih, asik banget…. sip sip sip lah….tar ajarin.. ok, bRO?

• Just saw an article about it in Sept/Oct issue of American Handgunner. It looks to me that this is going into production. The article mentioned 45 auto or 38 super. I think the gun looks very well made. Just can’t decide if I want the blued or stainless. I’m sure it’s probably gonna cost a pretty penny but, I’ve got to have one.

7. Pingback: Papercut Clover Dress in Wanderer | CUT CUT SEW